Infections, such as CLABSIs, are not only high risk incidents for patients, they are high cost centers for your hospital.
See how HALYARD* Solutions can help with CLABSI prevention and other risks to keep your patients safe and protect your bottom line.
Hospitals operate in an extremely competitive environment, and face declining reimbursements.
HAIs can be an unfortunate contributor to unnecessary costs for hospitals, posing threats to the patient experience, safety and outcomes against which they’re evaluated for reimbursement.
Although significant progress has been made in preventing some healthcare-associated infections (HAIs), this remains an important and needed focus in healthcare.
Following CLABSI protocols and utilizing proper, high quality products can be a key driver in improving patient safety and hospital financial health.
1 in 10
Estimated number of patients harmed in high-income countries while receiving hospital care.
The harm can be caused by a wide range of adverse events, with nearly 50% of them preventable.1
Standard Precautions for HAI Prevention
Keep Patients Safer by Following CLABSI Protocol
Until recently, a lack of HAI reporting requirements for healthcare facilities has contributed to less-than-optimal emphasis being placed on eliminating the sources of healthcare associated infections.
However, growing public anxiety regarding the issue and resulting legislation on state and local levels demanding accountability is serving to accelerate initiatives to combat HAIs.
Ways you can improve patient safety
- Use standardized procedure change kits
- Enroll nurse leaders in HALYARD* continuing education credit courses focused on sterility and related protocols
- Utilize sterilization wraps. One study shows 100% of wrapped trays vs 87% of rigid containers maintain sterility, preventing bacteria from entering1 Download study here
CLEAR SEQUENCE* Port Change Kits
CLEAR SEQUENCE* Port Change Kits-10 Pocket Port Change
The CLEAR SEQUENCE* kit can be configured with the specific components required by your clinical protocol.
- Unobstructed clear pockets with visual instructions for use
- Protective flap serves as a working area and protective barrier separating the removal steps from application steps
- 10-Pocket Wrap w/ Protective Flap
- Mask w/ Earloop (folded)
- Pair of Nitrile Gloves (for removal)
- Hand Sanitizer
- 3-Ply Absorbent Towel
- No-Sting Swab
- TEGADERM* IV Port w/ CHG
- Pair of Nitrile Gloves (for reapplication)
- Pre-filled Saline Syringe
- 10 Pockets
- Sterilization Method: Ethylene Oxide
- Protective Flap
HALYARD* Sterilization Wrap & Belintra Logistics for better patient safety
Recent articles & resources
The Costly Burden of Healthcare-Associated Infections
- World Health Organization (WHO) – https://www.who.int/features/factfiles/patient_safety/en/