Central Sterile Processing
The financial and patient safety implications of inefficiencies in the Sterile Processing Department can severely impact your hospital's costs.
This product is not available for purchase by the general public. Always read the label and follow the directions for use.
Reduce costs from SSIs and procedure delays related to Central Sterile issues
Improving equipment and protocol in the Central Sterile Services Department and Operating Theatre can greatly reduce costs from related SSIs and procedure delays.
O&M Halyard provides an array of strategic support services and resources expressly designed to assist the Central Sterile Services in achieving its goals and maintaining its edge in this ever-changing healthcare environment.
Our products and resources make it easy for you to...
- Stay up to date on the most relevant clinical studies
- Optimise Central Sterile Processing efficiency
- Empower your Sterile Processing Technicians through education
- Achieve financial objectives
…All with the goal of improving patient care and outcomes.
Make a change for the better!
Sterilisation Wrap or Rigid Containers?
A recent study showed – after terminal sterilisation – that 100%1 of the sterilised packaged wrapped in HALYARD* Sterilization Wrap remained sterile whereas 87%1 of rigid sterilisation containers did not maintain sterility through transport and handling.
An O&M HALYARD* Account Manager can assist you in an analysis of your Central Sterile Services Department needs to gather information in the following key areas:
- Inaccurate cross references
- Unaccounted for costs (overhead/utilities, Operating Theatre downtime)
- Competitive analytics
TEST YOUR OWN CONTAINERS
Rigid Container Leak Test Demo
There should be a complete seal between the lid and the bottom of each of your rigid containers. Learn how to test for barrier breaches.
Rigid Container Dollar Bill Leak Test Demo
To maintain sterility, rigid containers should provide a complete and proper seal. To check your container seals, all you need is a crisp dollar bill!
QUICK CHECK* Sterilization Wrap
QUICK CHECK* Sterilization Wrap is the fast, easy way to ensure that instrument sterility is uncompromised.
QUICK CHECK* patented design with two contrasting layers – translucent and opaque – bonded together, help save time inspecting trays.
- Up to 99.9% Bacterial Filtration Efficiency via patented POWERGUARD* Technology.
- Patented DAISY DESIGN* Bond Pattern aids in strength, provides abrasion resistance, and allows for optimal sterilant penetration and evacuation.
- Proprietary manufacturing process produces superior strength in both directions.
- Low linting as measured by the Gelbo Lint Test.
- Improved inspection time.
- Faster wrapping.
- Superior protection.
- USA made.
HALYARD* Sequential Sterilization Wrap
1 Harry L. Shaffer MS*, Delbert A. Harnish MS*, Michael McDonald MS, Reid A. Vernon BS, Brian K. Heimbuch MS*. Sterility maintenance study: Dynamic evaluation of sterilized rigid containers and wrapped instrument trays to prevent bacterial ingress. Am J Infect Control. 2015 Dec;43(12)1336–1341
* Harry L. Shaffer MS, Delbert A. Harnish MS, and Brian K. Heimbuch MS contributed to/authored the above article at the time they had a financial consulting relationship with Halyard Health, Inc.; however, they were not compensated by Halyard Health, Inc. for their respective contributions/authorship of the article.